Summer activities for children with disabilities and their families, includes autism spectrum, behavioural, physical, emotional and social difficulties, moderate learning difficulties, sensory impairments. For families in South Staffs, Cannock Chase and Stafford districts.
Dates for the sessions are:
July 24th and 31st
August 7th, 10th, 14th and 17th
All sessions are 10:30 – 12:30 ran from CARE, Lower Drayton Farm, Penkridge, ST19 5RE
The sessions can/will include:
- Feeding, holding, cuddling, cleaning, learning how to look after small animals – rabbits, guinea pigs, chicks, chickens. Collecting eggs and grooming goats.
- Nature word searches and colouring-in animal/nature/pitures.
- Woodland scavenger hunt to collect flowers and grasses, pebbles. feather, bark and bugs to make a hand-made card / a portable bug hotel / bark impression prints / boggart faces with clay and sticks foraged from the woodland.
- Growing – planting summer flowers / herb ports, harvesting veggies to take home
- Woodland fun and wild play
- Arts & Crafts
- Giant outdoor games. Picnic on CARE lawn, parachute games and fun in sand pit.
Carol Parkes 07772 273033 for more information